Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Review of the Book "A Whole New World" by Liz Braswell


Title: A Whole New World
Author: Liz Braswell
Publisher: Disney Press
Year: 2016
376 pages

I don't often read Young Adult books, but this book, and the rest in the series, seemed intriguing.

Liz Braswell has written several books that takes the sweet and innocent with happy endings Disney animated movies and twists their tales.

In this particular book, the tag line is "What if Aladdin had never found the lamp?"

The story begins almost exactly like the cartoon. In fact, a lot of the story is like the cartoon. You can even picture Robin Williams' voice. I'm not sure what I expected of the book, if anything, but because it was pretty much scene for scene from the movie, I felt that the story began a little slow.

I did hold out though and got to the point in the story that breaks away from the movie. There were some interesting twists to the plot and a few suspenseful moments. There is even one piece of the story that might be a little more than twisted to anyone who loves the movie "Aladdin", but I won't say more than that for fear of giving away a piece of the plot.

Overall, it was a nice easy read after having read a few heavier books over the past few months and I look forward to exploring some of Braswell's other twisted tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment