Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A Review of the Book "Christine" by Stephen King


Title: Christine
Author: Stephen King
Publisher: Penguin Books Canada Limited
Year: 1983
503 pages

I had seen the movie Christine a long time ago so I thought that reading a book where I should be familiar with the story would be a great way to get started on my path into Stephen King's world. Let me tell you, though! I don't remember the movie being even half as good as this book. Maybe I need to re-watch the movie?

As seen on the back of the book:
"Christine is no lady, but 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham loves her enough to do anything to possess her. Arnie's best friend Dennis distrusts her at first sight. Arnie's teen-queen girlfriend Leigh fears her the moment she sense her power. Arnie's parents, teachers, and enemies soon learn what happen when you cross her. Christine is no lady. She is Stephen King's ultimate blackly evil vehicle of horror..."

My imagination isn't usually good enough to let books scare me, but King has a way of writing stories that drags you right down into the characters and what's going on around them. There was a lot of creep factor and chapters that hung on cliffhangers. I almost couldn't put it down, except that it creeped me out so I needed breaks.

I very much enjoyed it and can't wait for my next Stephen King adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment