Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Here we go!

What strange times we are experiencing! Even for an introvert like me, not being allowed to go to meetings, go to church, be with friends and family....It's a lot to get used to.

As a relatively new priest, suddenly having to learn new ways to communicate with my parishes, on top of already trying to learn how to be in charge of those parishes, has been quite overwhelming. I have never been one to really get involved in technology, learning only what was needed to in order to do my work. But I can't really avoid it any more.

So in the last couple of days, I have learned how to create a separate email address for one of my parishes (and am remembering to check it!), how to set up and manage a Facebook page, how to use MailChimp, and now here I am learning how to blog.

As I was told by a friend the other day, by the end of this, we will all be technology experts!

I have started this blog because of a need to find multiple ways to stay in contact with congregation members, as not everyone uses the same type of social media platforms.

My goal is to create a platform where not only am I able to keep in contact, but also to have an outlet of expression and transparency about my life and where I can release some thoughts out into the world.

Posts will range from personal thoughts to liturgical outlines, from rants to prayers.

As the name of my blog says, This Is Me. What you find here will be from the deepest recesses of my heart and soul.

Hopefully there will be something for everyone here.

Blessings on your day!

1 comment: