Monday, April 1, 2024

A Review of the Book "Iron Gold" by Pierce Brown


Title: Iron Gold
Author: Pierce Brown
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Year: 2015
596 pages

From the Back: A decade ago Darrow was the hero of the revolution he believed would break the chains of the Society. But instead of peace, the Rising has brought endless war. Now he must risk everything on one last desperate mission, while other destinies entwine with his. Darrow still believes he can save everyone, but can he save himself?

Personal Thoughts: Death begets death begets death. Iron Gold is the continuation of the Red Rising series (see my blog post about it here.) As with his other three books, Brown captivates the reader with his exciting style of writing, bringing you deep into the characters and making it hard to put the book down.
    The political warfare is ongoing and once again touches homes with the subject matter. Whether we have experienced it or read or watched about it, we can all relate to ongoing war as each side tries to fight for what is right. Bringing about the end of war is not easy and our hero is trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that the war he started 10 years ago has brought nothing but death and destruction with no end in sight.
    I will admit that I struggled a bit with the movement from character to character between the chapters, but I think that might have been more to do with having to try and remember who was who from when I last read the series (which was quite a while ago) and less to do with Pierce's writing. I say that because once I got my memory sorted, the back and forth actually made the book exciting to read because of all the little cliffhangers.
    The Red Rising series continues to be one of my favorite science fiction series at the moment. I look forward to reading the next installment, Dark Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment