Monday, July 29, 2024

A Review of the Book "have a little faith" by Mitch Albom


Title: have a little faith
Author: Mitch Albom
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Year: 2009
260 pages

From the Back: In the beginning there was a question. "Will you do my eulogy?" As is often the case with faith, I thought I was being asked a favor. In truth, I was being given one.

Personal Thoughts: I have not yet read a Mitch Albom book that I haven't enjoyed. His writing is quite easy to read as he weaves three narratives together into a single narrative. I could almost imagine that I was sitting in front of me as he told the story.
    Have a Little Faith is a lot more than just the story of someone having to write a eulogy for a long-lost friend and rabbi. It is about a man who lost his faith and in learning the rabbi's story had the opportunity to explore his own belief and disbelief that he has experienced throughout his life. You can't tell by the story whether or not the rabbi chose Mitch to write his eulogy for this specific purpose, but in the end the many, many conversation with The Reb and his discovery of Henry Covington changed Mitch's life forever.
    If you read Tuesdays with Morrie, then you will absolutely love this charming little book. Truly, I recommend reading both!

No comments:

Post a Comment