Tuesday, June 4, 2024

A Review of the First 3 Books from the Haunted Canada Series by Pat Hancock


Title: Haunted Canada 1, 2, 3
Author: Pat Hancock
Publisher: Scholastic Canada Ltd
Year: 2003, 2005, 2007
337 pages

From the Back: Three collections of chilling true ghost stories, from all across Canada, to send shivers down your spine. From poltergeists who terrorize hunters to a headless women who wanders the streets to serpents rising from the waves, these true tales of terror will chill you to the bone. Prepare yourself to be haunted!

Personal Thoughts: I don't know where I picked up these books but as I'm in a swing of reading horror novels, I figured why not read some true spooky stories from right here in Canada! Being that there are written for children, I knew that they wouldn't measure up to Stephen King, but they were still fun and haunting short stories that gives you the chills thinking that they were happening in our own country. Of course, I was especially fond of the Winnipeg stories - the haunting of the Burton Cummings Theatre and the ghost in Hotel Fort Garry.
    These are fun books that could be brought along camping for reading by the fire before bed. I discovered that there are plenty in the series so maybe I'll pick them up and read more about the spooky things happening in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment